Campfire Soy Candle | wood, soft smoke
Burnt Wood + Soft Smoke
Just like sitting next to a campfire after a long day at the cottage or by the lake or hiking in the Algonquin Park.
Note: cold throw (scent when not lit) is stronger than hot throw (scent when lit). When lit this candle’s scent is very subtle.
All candles are hand poured, and made with love using 100% pure, natural aromatherapy essential oils, phthalate-free fragrance oils, wooden wick, all natural soy wax. Made in Canada.
These candles have a wooden wick made from natural wood material that crackles when you burn it. Wooden wicks need to be trimmed down a little further than cotton wicks in order to control the flame. It truly completes the whole "sitting next to a campfire while eating toasted marshmallows" kind of vibe while we're all stuck at home!
When lighting candles with wooden wicks, please ensure the wick is always trimmed down to at least 1/2 a centimetre tall. This will ensure the flame doesn't rise too high (which can be dangerous).
Approximately 50 hour burn.
How you can take care of your candles so that they last longer.
The first time you light your candle, allow it to come to a full melt pool. And every time after that!
Interesting fact about wax - it has a memory!
The initial burn of your candle is the most important as it will remember the diameter of the wax pool of the first time it was lit. It is very important that you allow the wax to melt all the way around the inside of the jar. By doing this, it will prevent the wax from "tunneling" - a hollowed centre which prevents the candle from burning to its full diameter.
So, lighting it and then putting it out within ten minutes will surely create a tunnel in your candle. You'll want to allow your candle to burn for at least an hour before putting it out to prolong the life of your candle.
Before you light your candle after each use, make sure to trim the wick to remove the burnt soot build-up.
This prevents the candle from releasing soot and smoke into the air much sooner and allows the candle to be burned with a clean small flame. You can trim the wicks with a candle trimmer, or with just your fingers by pinching it off!
Burn your candles for about 3-4 hours each time. Do not burn for more than 4 hours at a time.
If you burn your candle longer than 4 hours, carbon will collect on the tip of the wick, causing it to mushroom. This also causes the flame to become too large, creating soot and smoke released into the air and staining your amber glass jar.
If you decide to burn your candle for longer than 4 hours, no problem! This just means you'll be able to buy another candle a little sooner :)
Discontinue use when only half an inch of wax remains.
Once you've reached the last half inch of wax at the bottom of your candle, it is time to discontinue its use. Even if you could ignite a flame, you should never burn it all the way down as when the glass gets hot enough, it will shatter, putting your home at risk.
Wooden Wick Care:
Wooden wicks burn slightly different from regular cotton wicks. These are made from natural wood material. When lighting candles with wooden wicks, please ensure the wick is always trimmed down to at least 1/2 a centimetre tall. This will ensure the flame does not rise too high (which can be dangerous).
Wood wicks have a fast burn pool since the flame is a bit larger. Never burn these candles out of sight. You'll notice that the flame can be a little unsteady at the beginning, but once the melt pool sets, the flame will steady itself in no time.
Always, always, always trim these wicks down to just above the wax! This step is very important to ensuring that the next time you burn your wooden wick candle, the flame won't be taller than 1 inch. You can easily break off the burnt part or purchase a wick trimmer to get closer to the wax.
Want to repurpose the jar? Here’s how!
When there is only a little bit of wax left in the bottom of your jar (about 1/4 inch), pour boiling hot water into the jar and wait for a few minutes. The soy wax will come up to the top and you can pour it out and wash it with hot water and soap. Soy wax is water soluble so don't worry about clogging your sink!